Thursday 19 December 2013

more pallets

Hello Again
I know I am a bit tardy with the posts at the moment. After a rubbish 4 weeks with being a bit poorly I am on catch-up for Christmas. I had set myself quite a few things to make for presents, so am using every spare minute sewing or painting in the hope that I will be able to get everything finished.
I don't worry too much about food. We often have quite a few people sat around our table, so Christmas is little different really.
We will have 20 for Christmas lunch and another 8 or 10 will join us in the evening. On boxing day we go to our friends and she does everything, which gives me a little resting time. The next day is something I really look forward to .....processing leftovers!! Love it!

We have now made four trips to the pallet pile. below is a pic of the last load.

Thought it was time for another Chicken pic. This gang of ruffians mobbed me while I was taking a pic of the pallets. you may note the odd cockerel in there...we've got our eye on those!!

All for now
Gillx

5 comments:

  1. The best thing about Christmas dinner is the leftovers so that I dont even need to THINK about what to eat for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true and so tasty! Don't need to go to the shops for days!

      Delete
  2. I love to pick over the bird carcass, a slice of bread and butter, maybe some pickles or chutney or both and a glass of wine. Then the carcass goes in the stockpot. It never ceases to amaze me how many meals you get from a bird, whatever it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is when all those pickles made in autumn come into their own, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Happy Christmas Gill, enjoy it all xx

    ReplyDelete