A new gardening year starts ! Yesterday I started 70 Shirley Tomato Seeds off in propagators in the front greenhouse. I also started 4 trays of seed onions off. a tray each of Ailsa Craig, Marco, Red Baron and Sturon. There are approx 200 seed to a tray. When they have grown large enough to handle I will prick out into plant pots with 10 to a pot and grow on until large enough to plant outside. There should be some onion plants left over to either give away or sell.
Today I am starting off Sweet Peas. I have all sorts of odd seed which I am going to mix together and grow as a mix with two to a pot which I will plant when large enough as they are to one pole and disturb the roots as little as possible.
Mind you this might have to wait a day or two as I have a really bad cold and rather need to stay indoors to nurse my runny nose and shivery self. As I have been shielding with David and haven't left the holding since before Christmas (apart from yesterday to post some letters ) I have no idea where I caught this cold!
If I don't go out I have plenty to do inside ( no surprise!) So today I hope to..
- Transfer 2020's honey from buckets into jars for sale.
- Make three birthday cards for the family January birthdays.
- Knit the front band for a cardigan I am making from my wool stash
- Find five matching buttons from the button tin for said cardigan
- Take photographs to illustrate my next blog
- Do a spot of internet shopping (hacksaw blades/ 2 pint basins/ blue shoe polish and research microwaves as our has gone kaput.
You will note that there is absolutely no housework on the list !!
On my sustainability theme, I have found that old tea shirts make the best floor and polishing cloths.
Enough you cry.