Saturday 21 September 2024

 Hello me again 
 Time has flown and I see it is a long time since I posted.

There don't seem to be enough hours in the day at the moment. I guess it is that time of year. The gardens seem to be  all consuming, either weeding, tying up, pruning or , laterly, gathering in and proccessing.

My daughter and her husband have moved in here while the roof is taken off half of their bungalow and services disconnected as part of the extention/ renovation work to make it comfortable and accessable for her husband.  Fortunately I have just finished cleaning and decorating my large lounge ( We had problems with the fire and chimney and there was some smoke damage, so I have had a multi fuel burner installed. David and I had already discussed this just before he died and I was able to use his ideas/knowledge to make choices. So we have ramped up to the door of this lounge and son in law  access to the outside loo too. He is able to shower at the gym and swimming pool, which he visits almost daily for rehab, so all good there. He also now has an adapted car so can take himself to appointments and has returned to work for three days a week/. He really is remarkable!

Today I am on my own for the whole day, a rather unusual occurance! so I am ticking off some silly little jobs that are less easy to do with  others in the kitchen. SO I am sitting here typing instead of finishing the mending/alterations, marmalade making,  leek proccessing, apple wrapping for storage and bean and herb drying.

It looks like I shall not be able to dry the loofahs mnaturally this year. Mind you, I have only managed to do that once in the last five years, so no surpirise. I am told that Monty Don's Loofahs havent done so well. This is no surprise to me, as when he was sowing their seed back in April time I was shouting at the TV that he was far too late and that I start mine of in early february and still the season isnt really long enough.



They are just starting to go a little paler. I wil pick them next week and process them by peeling and soaking in water as I have done in previous years.


Aren't these soft toys lovely? My younger daughter made them for the great grandchildren and our  youngest grandchild. They are made from David's shirts. I believe some people call them memory bears.

Well as you can see I am keeping on keeping on. Somedays I feel overwhelmed and some days are a piece of cake!

Back soon dear bloggy friends 

Gillx

1 comment:

  1. How lovely to see you back and so nice that you can help out your family whilst they are having building work. Your SIL sounds like a very remarkable man and carrying on as best he can. We are still waiting on a moving date to Belper (sigh)! Our buyer's solicitors are particularly nit-picky, but the end is in sight and hopefully by the middle of next month we will be living in Derbyshire. Hugs Xx

    ReplyDelete