Sunday 27 July 2014

Party Girl

Hellooooooooooooo
Another hello to Karan and Shona on bloglovin, welcome on board
Been a while hasn't it? here is a quick post to remind you who I am !
We have been really busy with the bees and gardens. Honey is being spun, veggies and fruit are starting to come in and we didn't grow it to waste it.

We have also been getting the field ready for a little event. 
"Grandma" wheedled our youngest granddaughter (soon to be nine) "Can I have a camping sleepover party for my birthday? "Of course you can"  She has a nice little group of friends, so no problem. As often happens in this family the thing evolved and it transpired that each child would be accompanied by her parents and siblings! Well the weather has been glorious and we know all the parents so why not!
 Over the next couple of weeks an odd (!) auntie or two invited themselves along, so we ended up having a bit of a bash last night!!!
The classic combination of a hot day, children, sundry dogs and a river meant that the bouncy castle was almost superfluous. In the evening the children used it a sort of clubhouse while the adults discussed the attributes of different wines, beers and spirits. Purely in the line of market research you understand. ?
 Games of rounders and frizbee were played, but mostly it was swimming and sitting on the raft that we keep in the river (as we are big kids at heart)
 Here she is with her mum...

And guess who else came to the party and yet again didn't understand what it was all about !?

Hopefully I will be back to my blog soon, as I have nearly finished the most pressing Civic Society Issues and will take a break from them for a couple of weeks, which will give me a little computer time.

Has anyone else got a bumper crop of Blackberries, which are already ripening ? Picked a couple of pound today in a few minutes, Mmmmm what to do with them/ Any ideas folks?

Off to do some watering, apart from the thunder storm last weekend we have had no rain for weeks here and there are cracks in the garden that you could fall down.
Gillx.


14 comments:

  1. Ah, there you are!, I thought you had gone fishing again.Looks as if you had a good time for the birthday, it must be lovely to have a river at the bottom of the garden.
    No blackberries to be seen anywhere around here yet, just like last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our blackberries are really early. The river is such a bonus. Have a couple of photos to go in my next post of the children in the river.

      Delete
  2. Funny you should say about the blackberries, we were driving along our local bypass and I noticed there are loads of ripe ones. It reminded me to take a look over our local fields and see if there are any ready for picking! I feel a crumble coming on!
    Your get together sounds fantastic. We might invites ourselves along next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall be selling some too if I can and I usually make a gallon or two of wine.
      You will be welcome if you are passing,

      Delete
  3. Our Blackberries are just starting. The punnets and walking sticks are ready, and the freezer just waiting. I suppose we ought to finish last years lot first. CRUMBLE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will deffo need some apple too for a crumble and the windfalls are falling, so will be able to do one. Everyone loves a crumble don't they?

      Delete
  4. Wow - this looks like such a fun idea for a party! I'd love to do something like this as my boy gets older.

    We've got lots of blackberries in the pig pen. They haven't yet taken out all the roots and I'm now hoping we'll be able to pick the blackberries before they manage to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's the sort of play that all children gain from. A little danger and a lot of fun and exercise.
      I reckon the pigs will leave the high ones for you !

      Delete
  5. What a lovely idea for a party - glad it went well.
    Our blackberries are nowhere near ready here at 700 feet above sea level - but it looks as though there will be a bumper crop. Like Cro, we have some from last year to finish - add an apple or two and make a crumble - on my to do list for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such fun ! the sort of experience that children get little chance to have nowadays.
      Our blackberries are really early this year. (I need to ask my husband how many feet above sea level we are)

      Delete
  6. Wow! That was some gathering!
    Freeze the blackberries or dry them, then when/if you have the time you can decide what to do with them then. My Sis picks some every time she takes the dogs for a walk........just hope she doesn't mix up the poo bags lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was a great day, but a very small gathering for us!
      I have never dried blackberries.
      My daughter looked over my shoulder while i was reading your comment and snorted down my neck at your poo bag comment!

      Delete
  7. What a lovely gathering of family and friends and it is great that you have the space for it. I love the uninvited guest popping in to see whats going on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes we do have a great space, which had few sheep and more people in it this year. The sheep (2) we do have will need counselling if it carries on!

    ReplyDelete